Mirae Sparkling Rice Wine
This innovation is from Shaoxing, China. Whereas traditional Shaoxing Rice Wine is aged and light to dark brownish is colour, Mirae is colourless, spritzy, refreshing and medium-sweet. It tastes more like a Japanese Sake. The fruitiness reminds of winter melon. The burst of soft bubbles helps balance the light sweetness. Delicious on its own and wonderful with Sichuan, Thai, and spicy Korean cuisines. Mirae Sparkling Rice Wine was launched in Singapore recently. For more details, check out their website at www.miraewines.com.
Korean Spicy Rice Cakes
Shang Palace • Chengdu
42 Kuanxiangzi, Qingyang Qu • 86 28 8409 7888
香宫 • 滨江东路9号香格里拉二层
- Top 100 Chinese Restaurant of the World 2019 & 2020 (2 Consecutive Years)
- Two years ago, name of restaurant was Sichuan Kitchen
- Both Cantonese and Sichuan dishes are available. And very accomplished
- Sichuanese Benson Peng won Gold at National Sichuan Cuisine Skills Competition
Read story in 100 Top Chinese Restaurants of the World 2020 P.120-121.
Sichuan Restaurant • Deng G • Hong Kong
2/F 147 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai • 852 2609 2328
鄧記 • 灣仔皇后大道東147-149號威利商業大廈2樓
- Top 30 Chinese Restaurant of the World 2020
- Top 100 Chinese Restaurant of the World 2019
- Sichuan cuisine and a baijiu bar
- Three partners ﬁrst met in 1988 in Shanghai
- Chef DENG Huadong visits Hong Kong regularly
Read story in 100 Top Chinese Restaurants of the World 2020 P.94-95.
Silk Road • Singapore
Level 2, Amara Hotel, 165 Tanjong Pagar Road • 65 6227 3848
- 100 Top Chinese Restaurant of the World 2019 & 2020 (2 Consecutive Years)
- Situated inside – and owned by – a hotel which is attached to a shopping mall
- Apart from Sichuan favourites, Silk Road has also created several original dishes
- Head Chef CHEN Zhong Ming and another four chefs are from Sichuan
Read story in 100 Top Chinese Restaurants of the World 2020 P.242-243.
(All Chinese dish photos taken by CH’NG Poh Tiong)
FREE Download e-versions at http://100chineserestaurants.com/product/