Chicken – like veal, pork, and pasta – is incredibly versatile to pair. When it is steamed or blanched, I prefer champagne or a white. On the other hand, when chicken is roasted or deep-fried, red is my preferred choice. Roasted Half Baby Chicken (S$18++) comes with smoked crushed potato and a medley of mushrooms in creamy chicken gravy. You will be bowled over by COLLIN’S two House Pour reds. Levorato Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 (S$9++ Glass & S$39 Bottle) has the aroma and palate of ripe capsicum and hints of blackcurrant. You won’t be able to put this Italian down because it is so incredibly fresh. Pagos del Rey Cano Torop Tempranillo/Garnacha 2019 (S$9++ Glass & S$39 Bottle) is Spanish. Ripe, intense dark cherry/blackcurrant fruit caressed by rich, smooth tannins.
I declare my interest as I am wine consultant to COLLIN’S.
The entire menu can be accessed at www.collins.sg. The wine list is on Page 33 & 34.
The full addresses and operational times of the 12 COLLIN’S outlets are listed at www.collins.sg/collins-restaurants.
- COLLIN’S® Marina Square #01-204/205
- COLLIN’S® Jubilee Square #01-07 to 10
- COLLIN’S® Cineleisure Orchard #B1-08/09
- COLLIN’S® NorthPoint City #01-113/114
- COLLIN’S® Changi Airport Terminal 3 #03-21
- COLLIN’S® Westgate #01-05
- COLLIN’S® Funan #01-15
- COLLIN’S® Paya Lebar Quarter #B1-01
- COLLIN’S® NEX #B1-27
- COLLIN’S® Great World #B1-106/107
- COLLIN’S® Jurong Point #03-58/59
- COLLIN’S® NTP+ #01-10