CHAMPAGNE DEUTZ, the highly respected house is based in the Grand Cru village of Aÿ. In this exclusive tasting led by Joel Payne, participants will be treated to Deutz 2014 which is comprised of 65% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay and 5% Pinot Meunier. This will be compared with their pure Chardonnay Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2017. The second flight is a tasting of two prestige cuvées, the single-vineyard pure Pinot Noir Hommage a William Deutz Meurtet 2015 alongside Amour de Deutz 2011. Don’t miss this special event.
Deutz Brut Millésimé 2014
Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2017
Hommage à William Deutz – Meurtet 2015
Amour de Deutz 2011
Joel B. Payne, an expatriate American who has lived in France, Italy and Germany since 1979, was thrice Germany’s Best Sommelier. Beyond a long career as wine buyer, consultant and managing director of two large import companies and a négociant business in Bordeaux, he has been active as a wine journalist for over 35 years, including a three year stint as editor-in-chief of Meininger’s Wine Business International. Payne is a regular contributor to Germany’s leading wine magazines, Falstaff and Vinum, as well as The World of Fine Wine, Decanter and Steve Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar in English. Payne also writes for various publications in China, Korea and Japan but is best known for his German Wine Guide, which has appeared annually since 1992. A founding member of the Grand Jury Européen, he was also president of the international circle of wine writers, FIJEV, from 2007 to 2010.
Terms & Conditions
- Information correct at time of dissemination.
- The masterclass is a 45-minute event, and will be conducted in English.
- Reservation is confirmed only upon payment.
- No cancellation or refund will be allowed.
- Participants must be of legal drinking age (18 years and above).
- The Organiser reserves the final right to amend the Terms & Conditions.
- Participants will be denied entry if they wear shorts or slippers.